So, I was told about a month ago that my position as SLP-Assistant was not continuing next year. I asked about interpreting jobs and add kinds of other positions. All I was told was to put in applications and talk to building principals because they are doing the hiring. Okay, fine I put in internal applications, regular applications, submitted resumes, I sent emails to principals and the director of student services. The responses I got back were, submit an application and you might get called for an interview.
I been to one interview at an outside service and 4 interviews inside the district. I was told about a need for an interpreter in a kindergarten class and asked about it. They are "placing" a different interpreter there. How fair is that, I have been asking about this position since I was told to start looking. I have been offered and accepted since it was the only offer, a position to work in a new autism program starting up in the fall for kindergarten and 1st grade students with mild/high functioning autism. For my career, schooling, and education this is a perfect job for me and I am excited to jump into this new opportunity. The one draw back, reason I am still looking for an additional job. The pay in this new position is a huge pay cut, literally in half from what I have earned for the past three years.
Then to top the whole experience off my co-workers daily made the comment of "What am I going to do without you next year?" I had t different evaluations this week, one today and one yesterday. Surprise, surprise, they were both fabulous reviews, everything was satisfactory. Then my supervisor has the idea to say, "Your position being dissolved had nothing to do with you or how you handled your responsibilities. It was nothing against you." How am I supposed to not take this personally when I have been in the position since they brought it into the district and now are dissolving it, leaving me without the necessary income to pay the bills. Please pardon my venting but I am still quite disturbed at how they treated me and are not listening to anyone in the Speech Pathology department when they say there is no way they can get everything done without help. Now what??? I will keep you posted.
1 year ago










3 comments:
I am so sorry! That stinks that they would do that to you. I hope everything works out! We will be praying for you.
I'm sorry that really stinks! I hope that it ends up working out for you!
Man, I know they are making a lot of cuts all over, but that is crappy to say the least. Something is better than nothing, but good luck finding something that will work for you guys.
Post a Comment