Sunday, August 17, 2008

bottles!!!

Bottles, bottles, ode to the bottles. Knowing I will be going back to work when school starts I knew Piper was one day going to have to take a bottle. The doctor told us to start giving her a bottle once every other day when she was 2 weeks old. This we did and she did fine, especially when she was taking camomile tea before each meal. She loved that little bottle. Then when she was about 7 weeks old we took a short break from the bottle. OHHHHHHH was that a mistake. We had to start all over again with teaching her to take a bottle. As you can see we tried many different kinds of bottles and nipples. This process started the first part of June and finally ended July 30.
I was so excited that she finally took the bottle I had to send out a text to Wes and a couple of friends who have agonised with us during this process. Then 2 days after taking the bottle she will now also take a pacifier. Life is grand, now if only I did not have to return to work and could stay home with Piper.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Millie was never a bottle fan and now she's being stubborn about sippy cups. I'd love to have her be done breastfeeding by one year (which is next month), but I just don't see it happening. We'll keep working, I guess! I'm glad Piper decided that bottles aren't so bad. It probably saves you a lot of stress, huh?